Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Flu...


It had taken hold of me all week. Striking quick, like a snake, I didn't even see it coming. Started feeling sick Monday night- but was already taking Tuesday off for a family emergency. Woke up Tuesday morning and ached all over. Had a fever over 100 and felt awful. Slept nearly all day. Wednesday barely woke up, got to work, had to turn around nearly right away and go back home. Fever over 102. Slept for nearly 6 hours- felt worse. Woke up Thursday- nauseous. My God, I wonder, is this thing ever going to come to an end? Nope... Sick like a dog on Thursday. Friday- feeling slightly better- still no work. I didn't go to work for 4 days straight. I have only done that once and that was for my honeymoon last December. Then, I woke up on Saturday feeling a bit more human.
Here we are on Sunday. Headache- check, tired- check, ready to go back to work- check... Hell yes I am... if it were between being that sick and being off or feeling like I am now and working- I will most certainly take going back to work!!

Moral- GO GET YOUR FLU SHOT!! (I thought it was too early... apparently, I was too late)

No comments:

Post a Comment